Your business and FoodSave can work together for mutual benefit:
What is FoodSave?
- A project with the intention of supporting London-based SMEs (small to medium sized enterprises) to help avoid food waste, divert excess food to good use and to encourage a more responsible disposal of unavoidable food waste.
- A project which is backed by the London Food Board and funded by the European Regional Development Fund, London Waste and Recycling Board and the Mayor of London.
- A project that aims to support 240 food businesses in London by March 2015 (with 40% of these businesses receiving over 12 hours of free support).
What’s in it for your business?
- Tailored support in the form of one-to-one advice and connections with organisations that distribute excess food effectively (charities, animals, energy generation etc.).
- Saving on expensesas each SME involved in FoodSave could potentially save up to £1800 per year.
- Environmental performance improvementbecause participation in FoodSave could reduce food waste sent to landfill by up to 4 tonnes per year.
How can you find out more?