A Smarter, Greener, Cleaner Streatham!
We operate an area-wide recycling scheme open to all InStreatham BID levy paying businesses through waste contractor, First Mile.
Helping Your Finances
BID members receive an allocation of FREE mixed recycling services and we have also negotiated subsided additional services at a reduced cost.
All signed up businesses will receive:
- Free allocation of mixed recycling bags
- Free allocation of cardboard recycling stickers
- Low-cost Coffee bean recycling
- Low- cost food recycling
- Low-cost general waste
- Low-cost confidential waste
- Daily collections
- Free waste transfer notes and recycling reports.
Branded recycling sacks, stickers and leaflets will ensure that residents and visitors are aware of the environmental benefits.
First Mile can safely recycle and dispose of a whole range of different types of waste – from coffee grounds, compostable packaging, to coat hangers and batteries – with very competitive rates and special discounts for BID members, helping you achieve a high recycling rate and even help you become zero-waste!
Helping the Environment
Their recycling rate is consistently above 65%. The London average recycling rate is 34% and the Lambeth recycling rate is 30%.
All waste goes to sustainable end destinations in the UK, and never send anything to landfill as opposed to other contractors. If a customer ever needs to know where we’re sending their waste, for an audit for example, we can always give them up-to-date information on exactly where it’s going to be recycled, or turned into energy.
- A 24-7 Customer Success Team, who are always available to help customers with anything they need.
- A completely green fleet – all delivery vehicles are electric, and use the highest quality Euro-6 mini-compactors to collect waste – so they have the smallest impact on air quality possible.
- Collection 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Tech focused – QR Code technology on their sacks that allows them to identify exactly who they belong to, plus a clever Driver App that helps drivers collect everything at the right time.
- All customers have access to an online customer portal that allows them to view and download all compliance documents like their Waste Transfer Notes, view and edit collection schedules, place orders, and log any service issues.
- All BID members get a lovely recycling certificate each year that shows off their recycling achievements!