From Wednesday 16th of December, London will move to Very High alert (Tier 3).
Businesses that can stay open:
- All shops, including non-essential retail.
- Leisure and sports facilities (however group exercise classes should not go ahead and saunas and steam rooms should close).
Businesses that must remain closed:
- Hospitality including bars, pubs, cafes and restaurants (permitted to continue sales by takeaway, click-and-collect, drive-through or delivery services).
- Hotels except for some exemptions.
- Indoor entertainment, attractions and tourist venues including casinos, cinemas, theatres, concert halls, museums and galleries.
- Large business events cannot take place.
In Tier 3:
- You must not meet socially indoors or in most outdoor places with anybody you do not live with, or who is not in your support bubble, this includes in any private garden or at most outdoor venues
- You must not socialise in a group of more than 6 in some other outdoor public spaces, including parks, beaches, countryside accessible to the public, a public garden, grounds of a heritage site or castle, or a sports facility – this is called the ‘rule of 6’