We want you to understand:
- What personal information we collect about you and where we get it from
- What we do with your personal information
- Who we share your personal information with
- How long we keep your information and why
- Your rights and how to use them
Who we are
InStreatham Business Improvement District (BID) is an independent, not-for-profit, business-led company set up with the aim of improving Streatham as a place to work, live and visit. We have been voted in by the Streatham BID area business community to enhance their operating environment through a variety of projects, events and business support initiatives and to bring a level of additionality to existing services through the business levy and additional revenue streams.
What information is being collected and how?
InStreatham collects and processes personal data relating to levy payers and non-levy paying businesses in Streatham. We collect your personal data through opt-in forms on our websites (www.instreatham.com) or through correspondence such by phone, email, social media or otherwise. ‘Personal data’ you provide us with is defined as ‘name, address, company details, telephone number and email addresses’ only.
How will it be used?
All personal information supplied and held on our databases is used solely for the purpose it was originally intended for.
We will use your data to:
- Conduct our core business functions.
- Keep you informed of BID related business news.
- Send promotional emails beneficial to the business community regarding events, offers, products and services within Streatham.
Who will it be shared with?
We do not share personal data with third-party organisations without prior consent. It is only used internally.
How long will you store my personal data?
In accordance with Data Protection Law, we will only store this information for as long as the original purpose dictates.
What are your rights?
Under current legislation you have certain mandatory rights regarding your data. You will have the right to:
- Request a copy of your data
- Request any data to be corrected
- Request data to deleted if it is of no longer legally or operationally required
- Object to your data being used for profiling
If you’ve signed up for email alerts, you can unsubscribe or change your settings at any time by selecting the ‘unsubscribe’ link in our emails.
Changes to this policy
If you would like to request access to any personal data relating to you that we hold, want any of your information updating / correcting or you would like to be removed from our database completely, please contact us.
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.