The Chancellor’s new ‘Eat Out to Help Out’ scheme is a great opportunity for cafes and restaurants in Streatham to boost their summer trade this August. This scheme is intended to incentivise customers to eat in restaurants or other eating establishments by giving them a discount which can then be claimed back from the government.
The scheme is open to restaurants, cafes and bars which serve food to eat on the premises and they can use it to offer customers a 50% reduction – up to a maximum of £10 each – who dine there between Mondays and Wednesdays in August.
The scheme is UK wide and customers will be able to see who is taking part on www.gov.uk.
Once you have registered, please let us know and we will provide extra social media marketing for you across our channels.
This could include: restaurants; cafés; public houses that serve food; hotel restaurants; restaurants and cafes within tourist attractions, holiday sites and leisure facilities; dining rooms within members’ clubs; workplace and school canteens.
The discount can be applied to food and/or non-alcoholic drink purchased for immediate consumption on premises, up to a maximum discount of £10 per diner (inclusive of VAT). There is no minimum spend requirement.
The discount cannot be applied to the following items:
- alcoholic drinks
- tobacco products
- food or drink that is to be consumed off premises
- food or drink that is sold as part of a private party, event or function taking place within an eligible establishment
When you should offer the discount
When you register for the scheme, it is expected that you will offer it during the whole of your opening hours on all the eligible days that you are open and on all qualifying sales of food or drink.
- You can only offer the discount on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, when your business is open.
- If a customer leaves the premises after ordering food or drink to dine in.
- If a customer is dining in and then takes away the remainder of their meal, the discount will still apply.
- If a customer only orders a non-alcoholic drink.
- The scheme discount applies to food or non-alcoholic drink for dining in.
- Eligibility for ‘on-premises’ consumption.
- The service you’ll use to claim reimbursements will be available on 7 August 2020 and will close on 30 September.