The application form for the Restart Grants announced at the Budget on 3rd March 2021 is now live on the Lambeth website.
- The Restart Grant Scheme is for businesses on the ratings list only.
- Businesses must have been trading on 1st April 2021 to be eligible to receive funding under this scheme.
- It is expected that, although the business is not able to provide in-person services from the premises on 1st April 2021, trading and business activity is still ongoing.
Eligible businesses include:
- Non-essential retail definition: a business that is open to the public and is used mainly or wholly for the purposes of retail sale or hire of goods or services, where the primary purpose of products or services provided are not necessary to the health and well-being of the public.
- Hospitality definition: a business whose main function is to provide a venue for the consumption and sale of food and drink
- Leisure definition: a business that provides opportunities, experiences and facilities, in particular for culture, recreation, entertainment, celebratory events, days and nights out, betting and gaming
- Accommodation definition: a business whose main lodging provision is used for holiday, travel, and other purposes.
- Gym & Sport definition: a commercial establishment where physical exercise or training is conducted on an individual basis or group basis, using exercise equipment or open floor space with or without instruction, or where individual and group sporting, athletic and physical activities are participated in competitively or recreationally.
- Personal care definition: a business which provides a service, treatment or activity for the purposes of personal beauty, hair, grooming, body care and aesthetics, and wellbeing.
How much will you receive:
|Rateable value||One-off amount for non-essential retail premises (Strand one)||One-off amount for hospitality, accommodation, leisure, personal care and gym business premises (Strand two)|
|Rateable value of exactly £15,000 or below||£2,667||£8,000|
|Rateable value over £15,000 and less than £51,000||£4,000||£12,000|
|Rateable value of exactly £51,000 or over||£6,000||£18,000|
The application closure date for this scheme is 30 June 2021 and final payments must be made by 31 July 2021.
Due to the significant changes in the new Restart Grant guidance provided by Government, additional pre-payment checks and data collection requirements, it is necessary for the Council to run a new online grant application process for this scheme. They are working as fast as possible to make these grants available, but it is likely that the earliest dates for payments will be early May.
You don’t need to contact the team at Lambeth once your application has been submitted, unless absolutely necessary.
All applications will be reviewed accordingly, you will be contacted if required. A notification email will be sent to you advising you of their decision as soon as it is made.
To find out more about the Restart Grant and how to apply, please visit Lambeth’s dedicated webpage.