Our first five years
Five years of successful projects delivered with BID investment and additional funds raised by the BID team.
To achieve our goals, we laid out commitments to support local businesses and also to improve the quality and variety of shops in the area:
- We helped businesses save money by offering free business recycling which has helped 168 businesses.
- Provided marketing support and promoted our night time economy - Streatham has an amazing events programme yearly including the hugely successful Streatham Food Festival.
- Improved toilet facilities - The Gracefield Gardens public toilets with disabled & baby change facilities making shopping more practical.
- We were also committed to tackling crime by increasing number of police patrolling the town centre. Shoplifting has since reduced by 20%.
- We set out to improve traffic and pedestrian environments and completed central reservation works so both sides of the street can be more accessible to shoppers.
Streatham is now greener and cleaner thanks to high street pavements being deep cleaned and jet-washed for the first time in 11 years, we now have high street banners, hanging baskets and planters to create an attractive and welcoming environment.
For the full details of the work we have completed in Streatham please have a read of the document below or for a hard copy please contact us in the office 020 8835 7067 or [email protected]